Department for International Trade (DIT) is a ministerial department responsible for promoting British trade and inward investment opportunities across the world. DIT Turkey has a strategic partnership with the British Chamber of Commerce (BCCT) in Turkey.
DIT Turkey’s Mission:
- Support UK companies to export and connect them with opportunities in Turkey.
- Support Turkish investors and connect them with opportunities in the UK.
- Free of charge service to Turkish companies in finding new technologies, know-how, products & solutions from the U.K.
- Assistance to Turkish companies in establishing a business in the UK.
- Assistance to Turkish companies in market access issues and trade barriers they face when importing from the UK.
- Market & partner research, trade missions, visit programmes for the U.K. companies.
- Sector expertise, briefing and delivery to the U.K. companies.
- Nuclear Energy
- Financial & Professional Services
- In 2012, Silk & Cashmere opened its first UK store on the iconic Portobello Road, in West London, with the assistance of DIT. The 55 square metre shop showcases the company’s entire range of products, including the latest season’s lines. Two more UK outlets are planned for the future.
- DIT Turkey invited Musion to be a spokesperson for the GREAT Technology Campaign in Turkey. The exposure that this created for this British 3-D hologram production company, along with introductions and PR support, has helped it more than triple its revenue from the Turkish market. It has a further £600,000 worth of projects currently underway with clients across a broad range of sectors and a new partnership with Istanbul Sehir University to open a life-long learning academy.
- With the help of two DIT market visits to Turkey, The English language consultancy company, Best Business English, is now doing successful business in this market.
Spoken Language: English, Turkish
U.K. Department for International Trade
British Consulate Izmir 1442 Sokak No 49,Alsancak – İzmir
+90 232 463 5241